Thursday, October 20, 2011

Reversed with a side of Twilight Zone - Swansea, MA

  • Trailhead: library
  • Riders: OMMB and Jesse
  • Miles: 3.8
  • Weather: windy
  • Temp: 64
  • Trail Conditions: soft and wet (hmmm)...from all the rain we had yesterday 

Notes: Wanted to get a quick ride in.  Decided to roll the time trial course in reverse.  Some sloppy trail conditions but certainly ride-able.  Aside from the good ride, stumbled upon some drama on the trail.  We rode past two collies tied to a tree, they were "crying" (I was thinking, "hmmm that's straaaange, will have to check back here after my ride to make sure they weren't abandoned").  A couple hundred feet down the trail found an old dude and a lady with a newly adopted pit bull.  Old dude was hysterically "urging" me to get Jesse away.  Apparently his collies were attacked by the pit bull and the lady was having an extremely tough time controlling him. We got by them fine, and I got to hear all the nitty gritty details when I ran into the old dude in the parking lot after the ride.  I also got to hear about his days as a Channel 12 reporter when they busted a mafia pit bull fighting ring...nice enough guy, but a loooong story teller! 

Tidbits: Well I thought the wood ticks were gone for the season...they are not.  Jesse came home with tons of the little bastards.  I hate those things as much as I hate mosquitoes.  If I were a Honey Badger I wouldn't give a shit, but I'm not, so I hate them. 

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: