Sunday, October 16, 2011

Slam down = fun, not so much - Big River - RI

  • Trailhead: Hopkin's Hill
  • Riders: OMMB and Jesse Dog
  • Miles: 6.5-ish
  • Weather: nice, dry, cool
  • Temp: 66
  • Trail Conditions: mostly good, but puddles, streams and ponds were overflowing from the recent downpours
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: a nice Yikes!  It's been a while since I had a good endo...I remember them being not so much fun...well still not fun.  I was heading down a slight decline at a moderate speed, hopped over a boulder and a couple of roots, when my front wheel locked up on a protruding root that I didn't even see...back end up...stalled at the highest point...  "welcome to the slam down"
  • GPS Track: 


Notes: Followed some sweet single track to complete a longer loop around Carr Pond. Some of it was chewed up from motocycles, maybe there was a recent race.  A moderately technical loop overall.  We happened to cross paths (twice) with NEMBA Peter Gengler and his gang of guys and dogs.  Jesse felt much better about his orange plastic "vest" when he saw the other dogs with various day glow wear.  I'll be sure to join some of the RI NEMBA "dog" rides next year.

Tidbits:  Pete told me about Ruff Wear.  Good place to get Jesse some new stuff.

Looks like a wolf fought a hunter......hunter lost.



Whoa jackpot!  Which ball do I go for first?


Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: