Thursday, December 6, 2012

Shoeless Joe? Noooo...Shoeless Steve! (Big River)

  • Place: Big Shoe River
  • Trailhead: Burnt Shoemill Rd
  • Riders with OMMB: Jeremy and his shoes
  • Miles: Size 9
  • Weather: Clear, but colder than a witch's sole
  • Trail Conditions: good...but still lots of carnage from Sandy
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: Yeah...whoops alright (more like Oh Sheet)
  • GPS Track:  http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/111864478

Notes: In case it's not obvious, I reached into my bike bag for my biking shoes...hmmm not there...because they are still in the shoe rack at home.  Oh wait, I keep an old pair in the truck...ya know the truck I cleaned out the other day...putting my old shoes back in the shed. doh!   THANKFULLY I was wearing my steel toe work shoes and we were able to kick off a night ride. Had to ride old school, slow as hell up hill, and feet flapping in the wind while I bounced over rough stuff.    All in all... Jeremy lead a great ride on a virtually non-stop good flowing loop.  

Tidbits:  Lessons learned...  1) no matter how cold out, shoes should stay in the bag in the truck.  2) don't clean out truck.

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: