Tuesday, June 11, 2013

More water than trail!

  • Place: Village Park (or River)
  • Trailhead: Case Jr High
  • Riders with OMMB: Jesse K9
  • Miles: not much
  • Weather: rain, we caught a couple of hours of sun in between storms
  • Trail Conditions: see title
  • Wildlife: a couple of turkeys (the gobble kind, not the human kind)

Notes:  A break in the rain gave Jesse and I a chance to head out for a bit (he needs the exercise).  Also gave me a chance to test another GPS tracking app, MapMyRide.  It's website has plenty of great features, but the app has no map mode (maybe the pay-for-upgrade does?).  Not much good if off in the woods without your bearings, no track view to loop back with.  Other than that, works good.

Tidbits:  Hey Trail Elves, there's a tree down on Ladies Room.  Not that I took Ladies Room, because I usually go up Men's Room.  Oh all right, some times I take Ladies Room.  Well maybe most of the time.  All right all right, I take Ladies Room, now go clear the trail with a chain saw!  :)


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide
               




Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: