Thursday, April 29, 2010

Trail Report - 4/29/10 - Swansea Town Forest - MA

- Trailhead: Swansea Library
- Riders: OMMB
- Distance: 4.5 miles
- Weather: clear
- Temp: 60, but felt cooler
- Trail Conditions: perfect... ding dong the mud is gone, the mud is gone, ding dong the wicked mud is gone...

Notes: Out for a late ride today, work just always intrudes on riding time!  BUT, gave me an opportunity to use my lights after the sun went down.  I had forgotten how fun (freaky) it was to ride a single track in the woods with just the beam of your light ahead of you!  It reminded me of the old days when my friend Mark would ride day or night (damn his legs were sexy then!).  To make things even more interesting, I followed some different side trails and loops over the rock outcroppings.  Now looking forward to another night ride soon!

Tidbits: My lights flashed on some glowing eyes.  Thoughts of coyotes (or worse yet, mountain lions) or wild dogs (wildcats), since I was riding near "Wildcat Rock", came to mind.  Also coming to mind was to strap a knife to my Camelback next time I ride at night. Thankfully the glowing eyes belonged to one of those stupid over sized poodles along for a hike with it's owners.  I hate poodles, small or large.

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: