Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Hit the wood!" - 11/18/10 - Massasoit State Park - East Taunton, MA

- Riders: Matt, Al, Jeremy, Eric, OMMB
- Miles: 9.4 grueling miles
- Weather: mild, some moonlight
- Temp: 50 and dropping
- Trail Conditions: plenty of steep climbs (see the spikes on the map), some rooty and sandy parts
- Technical Level: uuuuhhh...I held up everyone else, nuf said
- Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets:  well yeah, there was this mud hole....

Notes:  Night ride!  Damn these guys are fast...even at night!  If you see the Race Across The Sky 2010 movie, watch for the guy that says "fuuuuuuuuuuuck".  Well that's how I feel riding with this group..."fuuuuuuuuuuck".  I'm holding them up but they have assured me that it's not a problem, they don't mind stopping to chit-chat (while WAITING for me!).   I took a few wrong turns in the dark but could pick up the trail by looking for their lights.  Al was gentleman enough to stop and wait for me at a few intersections.  He was even good enough to yell "hit the wood!" over a mud crossing.  Well by the time my mind registered what Al was referring to, my front wheel was already half buried in mud and due to the fast rate of riding, I was sailing off into the lovely mud hole.  hmmm...that was fun.  I missed the wood.

Tidbits: Just like the last time I rode here, lots of hike-a-bike.  But I have to remember, any ride is a good ride!

Happy Trails,
OMMB



No comments: