Thursday, April 28, 2011

"F this" - Big River, RI

Buzzed over to Big River after work only to find raindrops.  Not so bad right?  So about a mile in I see a flash of lightning and hear a whack of thunder...hmmmm... maybe I should have checked the weather before heading out today.  Alright, better late than never...pulled up the weather map on the dingle(crack)berry and sure enough...I was smack in the middle of it.  So down comes the rain.  Well maybe that was just a single freak lightning bolt.  I jumped into one of the hidden trails.  Thing about the hidden trails is that you are supposed to walk your bike across the log and stick covered entrance, you know, to keep the trailhead hidden.  Well it's raining, I'm riding....2 or 3 slippery logsticks took me down pretty fast (I think Gengler set a trap for people like me).  Anyway...that still didn't deter me.  About 2 miles out, my right foot slipped out of clip and of course my left foot cranked back full speed...smacking the right pedal against my knee. Son of a...  Ok that, and 4 more giant thunder cracks, I'm sprinting the last mile back to my truck.  Going to take a week to dry my driver's seat.  Good times.

Crappy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: