Monday, January 16, 2012

8

  • Place: Village Park, Swansea
  • Riders: OMMB, Jesse 
  • Miles: 6
  • Weather: clear 
  • Temp: 28 or "high 20's" (makes it seem warmer)
  • Trail Conditions: solid and fast
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: I was looking down at the water bottle (uh, ice bottle) I picked up for Bob going about 2 miles/hr, bumped into a rock, stopped dead and flopped over... "WTF" came to mind.

Notes: Well the Bikeworks crew rode this morning, but I decided to ride during the midday Sun.  It's all because of the number 8.  The number 8 should not be a temperature.  8 is okay for the time of day, 8 in the morning, 8 at night, both good.  8 is a good weight for a newborn baby, I believe the average is 7 pounds, but 8 is okay for that.  8 miles, that's a pretty good trail ride.  My friend Josh could eat 8 stuffed quahogs, if I gave him that many.  Domino's Pizza is selling a large pizza, mid week, for about 8 dollars.  That's a good number for the price of a large pizza, but not for a temperature.  After squinting at the thermometer this morning, not believing my eyes, I decided to stay home until the number seemed more reasonable... you know, like 28  ...now that's better.


THE Map!

Today's Route
 

Infamous Hunter's Perch, at the beginning of "J Lo"

 
Top of "Gentlemen's Club" (I've only seen Matt climb it clean)

Tidbits: I finally dropped over a boulder on Graveyard, cleared the mental block I had about it.

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: