Monday, July 2, 2012

Old Guys Rule

  • Place: Big River
  • Trailhead: Burnt Sawmill
  • Riders with OMMB: 7 (will take me a while to learn their names)
  • Miles: 9



Notes: I found out about a self-appointed "old guy" group that rides Big River every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.  How I found out about this?  Alright I admit that I saw something on Facebutt (was it NEMBA?, not sure), and a brief comment exchange lead me to get on their email list. Great group of guys, I'm told they are very reliable about meeting on those days, and open to all levels of riders. I enjoyed the pace much more than the usual shellacking I take, with plenty of stops to allow the group to stay together. Only aggravation was the incredible amount of deer flies on the attack.  Mostly near Capwell Mill Pond for the first 30 minutes or so.  I'm on the "old guy" list...and look forward to joining them again when possible.

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: