Thursday, August 9, 2012

Two Days, Too Hot, Too Dry (Not)

  • Place: Sycamore Canyon, Point Mugu State Park, CA
  • Weather: day 1 too hot for OMMB, day 2 nice (rode later in the day), although the dry weather was a welcome relief for the jungle like RI humidity
  • Wildlife: something large, but dead ...oh and then there was that diamond back rattler that I almost ran over...just a baby one (sorry no picture)
  • GPS Track:
Notes: Had the pleasure of riding West Coast again.  We didn't have the usual gang, for one reason or another, but thankfully Hector is always willing to kick my ass at Sycamore.  Day 1 was a jet lagged, super hot and tired, oven like dry heat of a day that killed me.  I actually felt a bit light-headed on the climb.  I was real slow and sluggish until I ran across this skeleton on the side of  the trail...


...inspired me to climb a lot faster because whatever dragged that down had to be pretty big (I should have put something next to it for relational aspect, but the skull was much larger than my hand).

In contrast, I felt great on Day 2, riding a hard tail Comp 29er...good quick bike.



Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: