Monday, August 27, 2012

Villagers Beware!

  • Place: Village Park, Swansea MA
  • Trailhead: Library
  • Riders with OMMB: Jesse Dog Wallop 
  • Miles: 5-ish
  • Trail Conditions: very dry, dryest I've seen.  Several slide outs.
  • Wildlife: Oh yeah...a large coyote, the largest I've seen. 

Notes: Only notable item was the coyote.  I spotted it heading up the trail, about the size of Jesse but with even longer legs.  Pretty freaky.  Jesse got the scent and took chase...he couldn't resist.  Thankfully he didn't catch the thing, but I know he got close when I heard lots of snarls!  Time to strap my knife to the camelback.

Tidbits: So sad...saw a Berkshire Brewing Company delivery truck broke down in the middle of Rte 6.  Maybe I should have offered a tow...       


...to my house!

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: