Friday, September 7, 2012

Missed it by THAT much! (Big River)

  • Place: Big River Carr Pond Side
  • Trailhead: Hopkin's Hill Parking Lot
  • Miles: 5.7
  • Trail Conditions: good, no adverse affects from the rain
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: just a little flop on a hill...little rusty from a week off
  • GPS Track:


Notes: Goal was to meet up for the "old guys" ride at 0830, but the traffic through Providence caused me to miss the start.  So I used my apparantly not-so-good Mohegan tracking skills to follow the bike tracks in hopes of catching the group.  Lost the trail.  But got a nice loop on mostly technical single track around the pond.

Tidbits: I stumbled on some previously unmapped (by me) single track on the west side of Carr.  See track below.  Looks like the trails crews have been busy since I was here last.  Good stuff.

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: