Friday, May 31, 2013

70 at 7 and 80 at 8...

...are the kind of temperatures I really HATE.

And yeah, yeah, yeah...it's not the heat, it's the humidity. Well whatever the hell it was, I tanked in the heat AGAIN.  So bad, that I felt I should retire my bike for the summer!  I really need to turn down any hot weather rides, I just can't handle it.  We couldn't get to the Carr Pond swimming spot soon enough.  Once I hit the chilly water, I felt human again, re-energized (at least enough for the climb back to the parking lot). 

Riders were Bruce, Paul, and Skip from the Hopkins Hill Lot at Big River.  Although they claimed they were impacted by the conditions, it didn't seem to affect them at all.

Good news is... a great little technical route from "The Maze" to "Down and Out".  I will definitely ride this route again...next Winter.

Happy hot, 87 in the shade, Trails,
OMMB

No comments: