Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Arcadia Rock Gardening 101

    Notes: So after a little "loosen up" ride yesterday, I figured I'd try riding with the group again.  I figured Tom, Alphonso, and John would go easy on me, considering my rib aches and pains.  I figured wrong.  What I got was a brutal 12+ miler on the hottest day yet.  Wow was I wiped, but what a great loop.  We started from Rte 165 lot but instead of riding the North side that I'm familiar with, we crossed the road and jumped into some real nice single track.  After some climbing, made our way over to the Browning Mill Pond area, all new to me.  A lot of real technical rock gardens and stream crossings to maneuver.  Especially on the "95 Trail" where Alfonso climbed to the top of one boulder only to endo and header into the next boulder.  Ouch. 

    Happy Trails,
    OMMB

    No comments: