Saturday, June 12, 2010

Trail Report - 06/11/10 - Big River Middle North - RI

- Trailhead: Burnt Sawmill Rd
- Riders: T, OMMB
- Distance: 7.6 miles
- Temp: 67
- Weather: clear, dry
- Trail Conditions: a bit wet from yesterday's rain, but not bad
- Technical Level: mostly intermediate single track with a few short climbs
- Wildlife: a chipmunk
- Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: one almost whoops by T, got booted off the trail and almost had an endo...made a good save!

Notes: We blew off work for a couple hours on a Friday afternoon and jumped over to Big River.  I forgot my GPS, so we started on a familiar loop but managed (I managed) to get twisted up in the trails (as does happen a lot here).  We ended up finding an awesome long winding single track that I'm sure I could find again.  Turned out to be an excellent ride with a good variety of intermediate trails.

Tidbits:
- I'm glad Teri doesn't ride as much as I do...I wouldn't be able to keep up with her!!!
- Patrick mentioned this... http://www.24hoursofgreatglen.com/  ...thanks to Cal (hmmmmmm...tempting!!)


Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: