Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Did I ever tell you about the time... - Sycamore Canyon, CA

...I rented a car in Providence, RI and drove out to Oxnard/Port Hueneme, CA for the working group meetings I typically attend?  Well here's the RI car I rented (one way) and the sweet Specialized 29er I rode while there. 

 





The road trip, which I always wanted to try, took about four 12 hour days of driving. Didn't really get to stop and sight-see since I was on a tight schedule, leaving on a Friday to make a Tuesday meeting. But the Rockies and endless deserts were quite amazing! Next time I pull this off I'm definitely going to stop for riding.

Day one ride at Sycamore with Tim, Scott, and some random Brazilian guy that decided to join us, resulted in close to 14 miles and perfect 70 degree dry weather. The area was actually green for this time of year which was nice to see. The snake, assumed the rattling kind, seemed to like it too!







Do you think this post was total shit?  Well it was only mostly shit...the riding was true the driving was poo (but wasn't it so cool that I rented a car in LA that had RI plates...and didn't even realize it right away!!).

Happy Trails,
OMMB


No comments: