Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Green is the New Brown - Village Park - Swansea, MA

I'm way behind on my trail posts, so I must say I don't remember too much about this particular ride, other than everything that was brown before I left for California is now a lush green.  I did four and a quarter miles with Jesse Dog...oh wait...I remember now...this was the ride where we came out from the woods along the edge of a field.  In the middle of the field of two foot high grass, was standing a pretty large deer.  It was staring at us as I attempted to reach for the camera in my camelback before Jesse was clued in.  Too late.  He dashed across the field bounding over the grass, pretty much just as the deer did.  He chased it into the woods, then joined up with me in a few minutes further down the trail.  The look on his face was..."man that was a HUGE squirrel!!!"  Had to laugh.
Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: