Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A First for Summer First - Burlingame State Park - Rhode Island

- Trailhead: King's Factory Road
- Riders: OMMB and Jesse
- Miles: 6.25
- Weather: Summer day!
- Temp: 80
- Trail Conditions: Single track, boulders, slick rock, short ups and downs, bridges
- Technical Level: Intermediate (at least on the portion of trails I rode)
- Wildlife: just a toad
- Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: a bit clumsy from the heat, one little flop while stopped

Notes: It was upper 80's inland, so we decided to head closer to the ocean for a cooler ride.  I've had this place on my list for quite a while and was happy to get here for the first time.  Although not as cool as I would have hoped, it was a very challenging and fun place to ride!  Lot's of fun boulder climbs and slick rock.  Awesome man-made bridges ala Bradbury were excellent.  There is a "famous" 12-mile loop here, but a portion of it uses the road...so not good when riding with four legged fur face.  I chose a remote trailhead and stuck to the inner woods loop...some of which was not on the map.  The ride pretty much kicked my ass!  Long drive to get here, but I would definitely attempt other areas of the park when up for a challenge.



Tidbits: this place could just as well be called "Bouldergame"

Happy Trails,
OMMB



No comments: