Thursday, June 2, 2011

Toe Jam (aka Purple Haze Mangled Toe Hobbit Foot) - Big River, RI

- Trailhead: Burnt Sawmill Rd
- Riders: OMMB
- Miles: 13.5-ish
- Weather: nice...clear and cool
- Temp: 74

Notes: Burned some of my comp time to ride for an extended distance at Big River.  Once again, found singletrack new to me which seemed to be never ending, albeit a little chewed up by dirt bikes.  Felt a little ragged at first, and just when I got into a nice groove...wham! Something jammed into my right foot about 5 miles in.  I rode it out but the occasional sharp pain made me think it was a bit more than a typical scrape.   Finished the ride and took off my shoe...sure enough...damage was clear.  Damn hit had smashed my toe!  Cute.



My actual foot; not a Hobbit stand in!

Freaky old dump...random.


Tidbits: How about steel (or aluminum) toe riding shoes???

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: