Friday, July 29, 2011

Broken Granny - Village Park - Swansea, MA

- Trailhead: Case Jr High
- Riders: OMMB and dog
- Miles: 4.4
- Weather: overcast
- Temp: 70
- Trail Conditions: dry, yes...dry

Notes: Well it's been two weeks since I hit the trails...it's a long story...foot long.  ;)  I think the dog was feeling the lag too...lots of huffin and puffin.  On our way out we ran into Bob and Matt (Bikeworks twins). It was good to see them again.  Once I'm riding at a faster pace more regularly, I'll be joining them again.  The trails were in great condition and I wasn't feeling too bad considering...certainly did not feel like a broken Granny.  But I DID break my granny...gear that is.  Hit down to granny gear while climbing and heard something ugly as my pedaling spun out.  Broke the damn gear in half...strange.   New one on order from Bikeworks.

Tidbits: Matt qualified to enter Leadville 100 by placing 30th in a 65 mile race...fun starts August 13!  Go Matt!

Happy Trails,
OMMB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...OMMB, do tell about the foot long story!
Mrs. OMMB