Saturday, November 19, 2011

Bridges Freeze First - 11/18/11 - Swansea

  • Place: Village Park
  • Trailhead: Library
  • Riders: Al, Bob, Jesse Dog, OMMB
  • Miles: 6.25
  • Weather: clear
  • Temp: 37, but felt colder
  • Trail Conditions: good
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: An Oh Sheet for OMMB...

Notes: Kind of a sloppy ride today, with ice or something (mud?) under the wet leaves.  All of us experienced several slide outs around corners.  Good thing it was just an "easy" ride day, Bob trying a demo bike and me on the Roscoe frame for the first time.  Damn it was tough riding a 26 after being on the 29er for a few weeks!  Although the bike did provide a nice "soft" ride, but still some adjusting to do.  ...and the Oh Sheet; I was following Al and Bob over one of the widest, longest bridges and thinking to myself "hmmm, don't bridges freeze first?".  Well they do. And apparently they stay frozen the longest too, because even though Al and Bob cleared the bridge fine, half way through my bridge thought, the bike went out from under me.  So fast that the upper third of my body, face first of course, hung off the edge of the bridge to the point where there was no stopping my full front flip layout flat onto my back in at least 6 inches of water (and mud)!!! Damn was I soaked!  If Bob and Al had a camera rolling, the $10,000 prize (if not the 100 grand) would have been theirs on America's Funniest Home Videos!

Tidbits: November is not very good for swimming.

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: