Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Night in the Ruts - 8 Nov - Swansea, MA

  • Place: Village Park
  • Trailhead: Bikeworks
  • Riders: Al, Bob, Brian (Deagle-less), Jeff, Matt, Steve, OMMB (Jesse-less)
  • Miles: 11.5
  • Weather: NICE!
  • Temp: 54 to 64 (and climbing)
  • Trail Conditions: good, very little mud
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: Some minor whoops by a few, nothing major

Notes: Joined the crew for a great ride!  Those guys really know how to cover this place to rack up the miles, with very little repetitiveness.  I am glad they take a few breaks, because I'd never keep up otherwise.  A lot of the new stuff is looking good, thanks to those trail elves.  In fact, we ran into a couple of them, Mark (I think) and his young apprentice son.  They were hauling some pressure treated planks out there with a hand truck to rebuild one of the cool over-log ramps.  Gotta love em!  They are looking for help on Sunday mornings, I may consider donating some time.  Well I was following Bob up and over a boulder, one without a nice ramp on the down side, and got way off the back of the seat....in fact, too far off, because when I cleared the boulder I enjoyed a major taint scraper and balls smack, compliments of my seat. Thought my ride was over, but like all good things, the throbbing passed.  Another nasty event happened to Brian on single track near the "cliff"...the sound from over the crest of the hill was that of a tin garbage can being run over by a Mack truck.  We thought for sure he had lost it and tumbled off the cliff!!!  Thankfully, it was only his rear derailleur being devoured by his spokes...a totally mangled mess...might as well thrown the derailleur in a blender.  He had to hike out, but didn't miss much, since it happened near the end of the ride. Good times.

Tidbits: Got a glimpse of my factory replacement frame for the HiFi, which is being morphed into a 2010 Roscoe 3.  Looking good.

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: