Thursday, May 17, 2012

Closed a loose end... (Arcadia)

  • Place: Arcadia, RI
  • Trailhead: Main parking lot, Rte 165
  • Riders: Jeremy "E.B.", OMMB
  • Miles: 10.5
  • Trail Conditions: excellent
  • Technical Level: challenging loop, several climbs and rugged descents.

Notes: Had not returned to this trail in many years, not since 2008 PB (Pre-Blog) I believe.  I remember trying to close the long single track loop (yellow trail?) that goes around Breakheart Pond and heads up towards Penny Hill, bordering the Alton Jones Campus land.  I never really successfully did the loop in one shot, attempted it from several trailheads. Well with the help of a seasoned Arcadia rider, we completed an "old faithful" route.  I believe this loop can be stretched to 12 miles, but I was spent.

Tidbits: RI NEMBA's first fun ride is here on 20 May, will be looking for the map to check out their route sometime...



Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: