Thursday, May 3, 2012

"(Don't Go Back To) Rockville"

  • Place: Freetown State Forest
  • Trailhead: "Triangle" at intersection of Copicut and Bell Rock Roads
  • Riders: OMMB
  • Miles: 8.25
  • Weather: cloudy, post rain
  • Temp: 52
  • Trail Conditions: good considering recent rain
  • Technical Level: Miles 2 and 3 really sucked!  NBB (Nothin But Boulders)
  • Wildlife: Looked like a Red Fox...but HUGE... Must have been a Coyote (unless it was a CoyFox). It was bolting from the horse farm, where I saw a new colt it must have been eyeing up for dinner! Naughty Coyote!

Notes:  Had a dentist appt in the area, so afterwards I decided to shoot up to Freetown where I haven't trecked in a while.  Basically because everytime I've been there since a kid on a dirt bike, it's been chewed up and a miserable ride for a MTB.  Well with Elf #2's help, I wanted to find the area that he enjoys off Copicut.  I know I got off track right away, hitting NBB and mud ruts, but I think I found my way back to where I should have been near the new forestation area. Those trails were MUCH better and worth another trip here...hopefully with Elf 2 as a guide!

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: