Monday, April 29, 2013

Whammer Jammer Slammer...or...Shoulda Woulda Coulda

  • Place: Big River
  • Trailhead: Hopkins Hill
  • Riders with OMMB: Bruce, Alphonso, John, Richard
  • Miles: 9
  • Weather: perfect riding weather
  • Trail Conditions: perfect riding conditions
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: here's where things were not so perfect

Notes:  We were on a real nice counterclockwise loop around Carr Pond, when on the very first mile, OMMB found his own version of J. Geils Band'sWhammer Jammer.  It's where the front tire "whams" into a stick, and the stick "jams" into your front spokes...now my version of the song adds a "slam" down to the ground via endo, driving my left arm into my side.  Whammer, Jammer, Slammer people... also known as ...awe that f*in hurts!  And now two days later I'm still sayin, this mother f*in hurts!!  What is it with rib slams?  Is that much pain really required to let me know that endos are not what a 50-something year old gran-dude is supposed to be doing?  I get it.  But gees I wasn't even doing anything close to what these guys usually do, I was just riding, no tricks involved!  Just when you least expect it... Whammer, Jammer, Slammer!   
 
Tidbits: Of course all this pain could have been avoided if I had only taken Bob's offer to ride Swansea on Monday versus Tuesday.  Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.



Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: