Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Nope" - 12/28/10 - Swansea, MA

Okay, maybe I was just hoping to keep up the recent rate of rides per week.  Or maybe since I did so well in the snow last week, I could do it again.  Or maybe it was the feeling of being shut-in after so many good rides with the temperatures never reaching 30 degrees.  Whatever it was that made me think I could do a ride in 8 inches of snow on a 21 degree windy day...was wrong.  I couldn't peddle an inch.  I hiked further into the woods hoping the snow was not so deep, but nope.  I did manage to find tracks made by a quad.  It enabled me to ride for short distances by balancing within one of the tracks. One mile was enough.  I'd hate to resort to the gym, but after all, it is Winter and this is New England.  We don't get to ride trails all year long like my friends out West.  Hmmmm....I'm tempted to try riding the bike path, it seems to be flattened by walkers...I'm not ready to give in just yet.  Good riddens to the Blizzard of 2010! 

Happy New Year Trails,
OMMB

No comments: