Sunday, February 19, 2012

Helloooo Archie

  • Place: Big River, RI
  • Trailhead: Burnt Sawmill Rd
  • Riders: T, OMMB, Jesse 
  • Miles: 6
  • Weather: nice 
  • Temp: mid 40's
  • Trail Conditions: perfect
  • GPS Track:




Notes: Our goal was a leasurely ride in search of the hidden trail identified by Archie.  With all the maps and gadgets I had (including a hint from JM), I still passed right by the trailhead twice.  The only reason we found it was Teri's keen sense of her surroundings.  After seeing me struggle with "the map says the trail should be here somewhere", shes says "hey there's a trail off this one back there"...and proceeded to show me where it was!  So glad she spotted it, because the trail is awesome, and worth the adventure to find! 


I'm NOT lost...I'm just thinking!


Hey she found it!  Archie and T agree, go this way around the loop.



YAY FUN DAY!


Tidbits: I found that my latest gadget app uses OpenStreetMap, which actually shows some of the Big River single track...very useful (but not complete).

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: