Friday, February 17, 2012

I know where you are, I see what you're doing!


  • Place: Village Park
  • Trailhead: Library
  • Riders: OMMB
  • Miles: 5 point 5
  • Weather: drizzly
  • Temp: mid 40s
  • Trail Conditions: not bad considering rain rain rain...trails fared well 
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: a whoops mounting the newest bridge Westside Abrams on the start of Up and Over...hit the wet boulder on ramp and immediately exited stage left!  Good news is, no endo on Leap 3 rock drop...because I walked it (such a baby!).

Notes: Lone wolf today, so I decided to test out a free GPS app called Endomondo.  Pretty cool app and very easy to use.  I like how it calls out each mile and gives you lap time for the mile.  Supports all the mapping and tracking (GPX or TCX) I need.  It also TALKS to you with status like miles completed, lap time, and total time.  I will continue using this app...thanks to JM for turning me onto this gem.  What's REALLY cool is you can track others (once friended) LIVE during their workouts.  In fact, I'm tracking JM's progress through Arcadia right now (Sat 12:42) on the Endomondo website.  Creepy huh?

Tidbits:  Ok now REALLY creepy... I can send him a "Pep Talk" message via the website, if he has audio turned on, he will hear my message!

Happy Trails,
OMMB

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Dam, you shouldve left me a pep talk message!!!! That would have made me fall off the bike laughing!!

OMMB said...

Hahaha... I actually tried! Just about as you got 9 miles...must not have gone through.