Monday, March 12, 2012

A little teeny tiny bit of Kingdom Trail's Sidewinder right here in RI!

  • Place: Big River
  • Trailhead: New London Turnpike, Division Rd
  • Riders: OMMB (and then Pete G)
  • Miles: 8
  • Weather: gees nice 
  • Temp: 65-70 (yes 70, broke a 110 year old record for this day)
  • Trail Conditions: perfect
  • GPS Track: http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/m9y-ruGKT4M

Notes: Couldn't wait to get back to that good stuff at BR, so when the expected temperature was to hit upper 60's, the expected time at work was shortened and the truck found its way to BR!  I started last week's cool 8 mile loop with a coincidental meet-up with Pete G.  He was up to his usual antics on the Halloween trail...another must-see!  He offered to meet up at the end of Dead Shed to show me some fun stuff.  It was a really cool Sidewinder-like (alright enough hyphens already) trail off the clearing behind the cemetery on Hopkin's Hill Rd.  Definitely a fun little trail!  Pete, riding a beefy Surly today, showed me a shortcut to the hill to Carr Pond, then headed off, since he was short on time. I made my way up to find the beginning of Nuts for JM...after some jogging of the memory, I found it.  After navigating Nuts, and finding out why it's name has multiple meanings (ouch), I headed out.  A bit tired and yes, overheated.  

Tidbits:

A cool video out of BR... Click On

And I finally found this rock... 


Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: