Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Back on Two


  • Place: Big River
  • Trailhead: Burnt Sawmill Rd
  • Riders: OMMB and Jesse Dog
  • Miles: 12
  • Weather: too nice to stay inside 
  • Temp: 55-61
  • Trail Conditions: some freshly chewed areas (dirt bikes) 
  • Wildlife: a few turkeys...two that flew, one four-legged turkey that chased them (I love when he does that)
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: just a whoops flop over going up a rocky climb...backward momentum down the hill made it worse than it should have been

Notes: After a week away, where I was forced to use my two feet to jog on Waikiki Beach, I'm back on two wheels.  Wanted to make the best of the nice weather so extended a ride to 12 miles on lots of single track at the River. Unfortunately a lot of this single track was shared with dirt bikes, but for the most part, still ride-able. Kind of wore out Jesse at the end, but he loved the turkey chase.




Hey remember me!
 Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: