Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Massacre-soit

Statue of Massasoit in Plymouth, MA
  • Place: Massasoit State Park, East Taunton, MA
  • Riders: Aaron, Al, Bob, Matt, OMMB
  • Miles: 15
  • Weather: clear 
  • Temp: 50s
  • Trail Conditions: dry, dusty
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets:  none

Notes: Boys from Bikeworks are gearing up for yet another race...The Massasoit Lung Opener.  So "somehow" I get roped into one of their "training runs" on my usual Tuesday ride with them.  One (and 3/4) loop on the course and my ass was kicked! Not only was I dropped (like Great Sachem Massasoit), I kept getting lost on various forks (until Bob informs me that the course is marked, duh). Generally a really fast course, with some challenging hills (especially unfriendly near the end of the course).  That didn't slow down Matt on his Kona Big Unit Single Speed...cool looking bike.  It was also GREAT to see Al back on his mountain bike after a long recovery from his injury.

Tidbits: OMMB doesn't really like what happened to the Wampanoag...just sayin

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: