Friday, April 6, 2012

Hunger Games

  • Place: Big River
  • Trailhead: Rte 3 Parking Lot
  • Riders: Jeremy, Dan, OMMB
  • Miles: 14
  • Weather: perfect 
  • Temp: 50 or so
  • Trail Conditions: dry, very dry (don't even light a match dry) 
  • Wildlife: nope
  • Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: Several Whoops on the technical stuff by all, but a nice Yikes to start the day by OMMB. Literally 5 minutes into the ride I clipped a boulder the same size as the one that took out my '67 Mustang GT Fastback when I was a teenager (story for another day).  Never saw it hiding right on the edge of the trail masked by a bush. I went flyyyyying off the bike. All good. 
  • GPS Track:




Notes: Awesome inaugural ride with my new friends from Connecticut. Good quick riders. It was nice to have others joining me for the extra miles, because I get lazy on my own.  Did a solid 14 miles on predominately technical single track...ya the good stuff!  We "Saw Dead People" which lead to a maze of hidden single track that begs to be visited again.  Real nice variety of terrain which pretty much kicked my ass. If you've read The Hunger Games, I pretty much ended up feeling like that kid hiding half dead in the mud.  Once I finally got some food in me, after 1:00, I started to feel almost human again....ready for another kick-ass ride!

Don't know if this is to be taken seriously yet...will find out.

Happy Trails,
OMMB

2 comments:

TeriTT said...

I'm really not sure I believe these suspicious boulder stories... boulders that come out of nowhere??? Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

OMMB said...

wooooo... hahahaha