Monday, September 6, 2010

"OMMB is such an ASS!" - 9/6/10 - Part 1 - Big River - RI

- Trailhead: New London Turnpike and Division
- Riders: Teri, Cara, Joshua, OMMB
- Distance: 5.2 miles
- Temp: 75
- Weather: perfect
- Trail Conditions: dry
- Technical Level: rocky & hilly parts, normally too much for beginners (hence...I'm an ass)
- Wildlife: Oh there was a BIG, BLACK, MONSTER of a ......................................................................
...................................................................SUPER friendly Newfoundland named Stovepipe (I think he would have loved Josh's beagle Shiloh, no matter what all the OTHER dogs say!)
- Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: unfortunately, Josh did NOT crash (I'm such an ass)...but Cara did.  I did not witness the crash, but from the blood and bruises, it must have been a "yikes".

Notes: Teri and I took the newbies on an introductory ride today.  You know the kind of ride that gently cruises over the nicest trails for a couple of miles, so that the beginners can become accustomed to their borrowed bikes, the new surroundings, the balance required, and to gently break in their lungs?  Welllll...this wasn't one of those rides.  Yes, I'm an ass.  Have I mentioned that yet?  I took the rookies on a trail nearest to Josh's apartment, so that he'd know the area.  And I wanted to at least get them to Carr Pond for the best scenery in Big River.  Well I succeeded, but it meant dragging their hike-a-bike asses up one of the rockiest hills in the area.  What an ASS!  My excuse?  I didn't want to give them the wrong impression about Mtn Biking.  It's not an easy coast through the woods...it's difficult!  Was this lesson intentional?  No...but I'm still an ass (smirk)! 

Tidbits: Teri's well-on-a-big-bike and the newbies did great!  Cara was hopping logs...Josh was watching Cara hop logs (at least when he was able to catch up to her).  Aside from the torture, I think we've recruited a couple of good ones for future rides....let the bike shopping begin!  

Happy Trails,
OMMB

Cara's pretty happy about this, Josh......not so much.


Hey Teri's pretty happy too! Here she is sitting on "Gold Member".
And here's what a semi-psycho ASS looks like!!!

















As for the great scenery?  Here ya go....


No comments: