Saturday, September 11, 2010

"Time Trials Take Total Taxing Toll To Triumph" - 9/9/10 - Village Park - Swansea, MA

- Trailhead: Library
- Riders: OMMB & a dozen or so others
- Distance: 3.5 miles
- Weather: 70 and dry
- Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: just a little whoops clipping a tree with the bar end at top speed.  got sent off trail and almost lost it, but bronco-ed back on track!

Notes: My second attempt at the trials. I hoped to shave a minute off the last run (27' +) by riding "Gold Member" (eeeasy with the comments).  The previous practice run on this bike clocked at about 26 something.  Now that I had the tire pressure up to par, I hoped to beat that.   It was a wild and crazy, buckin bronco, of a ride. Goldie was hopping all over the trail...too much speed for me to handle?  ...accustomed to more control on a full suspension?   Despite the out-of-control sensation, turned in a time of 25' 26".  My lungs are still burning.   Matt the stick topped his best at 19' 45"...wow.

Tidbits: It was FIVE years ago today, we said "I do"!!  To the Tav for dinner!

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: