Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Oh look, no snow" - 3/08/11 - Village Park - Swansea, MA

- Trailhead: Bikeworks to Colt Jr High
- Riders: Bob, Matt, Steve
- Miles: 9.3
- Weather: clear
- Temp: 27
- Trail Conditions: good, frozen hard-pack



Notes: With temps back down in the twenties, Bob and Matt opted for the trails versus a road ride (cloud over OMMB's head said "yeah").  I did expect some mud from yesterday's rainstorm, but the trails were able to freeze overnight. Really enjoyed the loops we rode, seemed liked I hadn't been here in a while.  But I felt like my pace was off (the other cloud over my head wondered if I had forgotten to check my tire pressure!).  Thankfully the speedy duo stopped occasionally to clear branches from the trail, so I was able to somewhat keep up.

Tidbits: Hey you know those large mounds of dirt over the tombs in cemeteries...they make for a fun up-and-over.  Just sayin.

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: