Saturday, July 24, 2010

"Unhide the hidden Nuts" - 7/22/10 - Big River - RI

- Trailhead: exit 7 parking lot
- Riders: OMMB
- Distance: 5.6+ miles (some GPS holes)
- Temp: 80's
- Weather: perfect
- Trail Conditions: perfect
- Technical Level: off my chart
- Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets:  too much hiking required, not much risk

Notes: Since I just HAD to figure out where this "hidden" trail was, I set out to where I figured it was based on Pete the RI NEMBA president's directions.  The trailhead is at the top of a slick rock, I knew of two in that area.  Found the hidden "Nuts" trail on the second rock searched (far right on the Google Track).  It's a VERY different trail than all in BR...different because it requires more hike-a-bike than pedaling!  The trail is extremely technical in respect to the balance and slow ride control required...it's more of a trials ride than typical trail ride.  If you want to hike a nice trail in the middle of your BR ride...try this one.

Tidbits:  According to Pete, it's the hardest "engineered" trial in RI.  I'm not sure I know anyone that could ride the whole trail without issue (maybe Dr. E could come close).  There's an offer for a case of beer for the first person to do it...hasn't happened yet. 

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: