Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Stuck in the muck" - 7/28/10 - Swansea, MA

- Trailhead: Swansea Library
- Riders: OMMB
- Distance: 6 miles
- Temp: 77
- Weather: HUMID
- Trail Conditions: really, really dry

Notes: OMMB has a few days off from work to catch up on 2-do's around the house (and of course I took some time to ride).  I wanted to revisit the "north loop" in this area, Bob and crew from Bikeworks led me on a 12 miler here once.  Even though I got out in the morning, weather was real sticky (felt dogged immediately).  Even experienced dew flying up from the front wheel...doesn't happen often.  I did find the area, but not all of it.  So I plan to head there again (this afternoon).  All trails were real nice and dry...except where I attempted to cross a double track that is usually covered with 6 inches of H2O muck.  Well it was muck minus H2O!   Got stuck....in the muck. (looks like my bike took a horse sized dump, wasn't me!)


Tidbits:  Bradbury State Park Maine...Aug 6 - 9.

Happy Trails,
OMMB

So here's my "it's too humid" face...

No comments: