Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I... am... a... mushroom! - Village Park - Swansea, MA


Notes: Nice little night ride...left the house after dark.  I was sort of in a hurry so I grabbed the Gold Member who still had a light mounted from the bike path ride the other night.  I had kind of a wild ride.  I believe partly because the 29er is fast and partly because the headlight was just that... my head "helmet" light.  Not a wide beam like my actual bike mount lights, so the spot light was all over the single track making it tough to judge the turns. I also think the tires were a bit too hard because the ride was jittery.   Anyway...I kept seeing these white things popping up in my peripheral.  I thought maybe they were little mini-ghosts.  After stopping for a break, I realized they were mushrooms.  All over the place...strange.



Tidbits: Not often do you come home from work to find a bunch of turkeys in your yard (well...it HAS happened, not just too often, and they usually brought beer ;) )





Happy Trails (please pass the cranberry sauce),
OMMB

No comments: