Sunday, August 14, 2011

Son of a Leech! - Big River, RI


A little mini toad!

- Trailhead: Burnt Sawmill Rd
- Riders: OMMB and JD
- Miles: 7.25
- Weather: cloudy, light rain
- Temp: 70
- Trail Conditions: excellent
- Wildlife: "look at the little mini toad"
- Whoops, Yikes, and Oh Sheets: Went over a pretty hefty pair of roots and started pedaling air. Thought, "my that's strange". Then realized that my front wheel seized up on root #3 and I was floating close to and endo! Thankfully drifted back down safely.  Sometimes gravity IS your friend.
- GPS Track: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/1264130

Am I a toad?

Notes: Even though a nasty storm was threatening the area, I was determined to get to BR, late start and all.  We were lucky to receive nothing but light rain throughout the ride.  Given how wet everything was already, the rain made little difference. My intent was to route a decent ride, not too short and not too rough, for any potential SMGR.  The track takes you directly to the hidden single-track, skipping the Mark-Broken-Arm (MBA) Trail. After leaving the hidden track, you can take the Coaster Trail option, which I did. After Coaster it's pretty much a nice cruise back to the trailhead on typical wide BR trails. Still hope an SMGR will happen this summer. 

That's my tire, top left. Mini toad near the middle.



I am NOT a toad!


I AM A FREAKY WOLF CHANGELING!!!

 
Glad he's not really a wolf changeling. 
THAT would be creepy (especially since I turned my back on him)!




On Dog Pond

Tidbits: Somewhere in mud dog's travels, he picked up a small leech.  Found it on his fur when we got home. Jeesh a leech! And that IS creepy!

Happy Trails,
OMMB

No comments: